Bioinformatics Programmer Analyst I/II
OVERALL SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The Bioinformatics Programmer is a member of the Research Informatics group, which is responsible for developing and maintaining applications that support XOMA’s preclinical research efforts. Position will work closely with preclinical scientists to maintain and extend XOMA’s custom software platform for high throughput analysis and data management and help ensure their bioinformatics analysis needs are met. XOMA's custom software platform is based upon Django, therefore preference will be given to candidates with Django experience, as this is a critical skill set.
- Participate in design of new LIMS applications and significant feature upgrades to existing LIMS platform, which is built on a Django/Python stack.
- Provide biological knowledge acquisition and analysis for Preclinical Research scientists.
- Write technical documentation and training materials to educate staff and collaborators in systems use.
- Apply skills to a broad range of bioinformatics projects such as sequence homology investigation, protein structure visualization and comparison, target identification/evaluation and microarray analysis.
- BS/BA in Bioinformatics, Computer Science, Molecular Biology or equivalent experience, with additional coursework or experience in physical or biological laboratory environments
- 1+ years of experience with a web application framework (e.g. Django, Pylons).
- 1+ years experience developing applications and working with bioinformatics tools (e.g. BLAST, ClustalW, EMBOSS).
- Advanced proficiency in HTML, JS, Python and Django.
- Intermediate skill with a relational SQL-based database (e.g. PostgreSQL).
- Advanced knowledge of UNIX-like systems
To apply for this position, please email us at email@example.com.